Interhouse is an estate agent in immovable property. All Interhouse offices are franchisees of Interhouse Nederland BV. Interhouse’s objective is to mediate on the supply and demand of rental and owner-occupied residential properties and/or to conduct management during a rental period. To this end, Interhouse collects and distributes personal data on you as a (potential) tenant, buyer, landlord or seller (or as a point of contact for these). Personal data are collected via the websites, special applications, by telephone, E-mail and via hard-copy forms, agreements and reports.
Types of date
We process the following types of data:
|First name||IP-address||Wage slip | annual salary|
|Date of birth||Income||Employer’s statement|
|Address||Type of job contract||Tenancy agreement|
|Telephone number||No. of residents||Inspection report|
Use of date
We use the data for the following purposes:
- Keeping in touch with (potential) (family members of) tenants and buyers in order to find rental properties that meet their requirements and options.
- Keeping in touch with (potential) landlords and sellers in order to find suitable tenants and buyers to reside in the properties that are available for rental.
- Conducting checks on potential tenants, landlords, buyers or sellers with a view to preventing criminal or other cross-border activities. We do this within the context of our duty of care and in order to comply with legislation and local regulations.
- Concluding tenancy agreements between tenants and landlords.
- Concluding buying agreements between buyers and sellers.
- Managing properties on behalf of owners.
- Managing ongoing relationships with tenants of properties.
- Conducting financial administrative tasks relating to rent, fees, maintenance costs etc.
- Keeping in touch with all customers and points of contact in order to conduct marketing activities; this is done via E-mail (newsletters) or social media.
Who has access to your data?
All Interhouse employees have access to and can change general data on (potential) tenants and landlords (and points of contact for these).
Employees with financial authorisation have access to financial data.
Employees with specific authorisation have access to sensitive personal data (such as ID).
We only share personal data with third parties if this is necessary in the context of the abovementioned purposes or if there is a valid reason or legal obligation to share the data. This might include identity checks, financial capacity checks or scheduling maintenance work by professional mechanics.
Passing personal data on to third parties
If necessary within the context of its services, Interhouse passes your personal data on to third parties. Interhouse ensures that written agreements are concluded with these third parties that guarantee the protection and security of your personal data as far as is possible.
- Potential (points of contact of) tenants and buyers: data are retained for up to one year after the last contact.
- (Points of contact of) tenants and buyers: data are retained for up to one year after termination of the tenancy agreement. If Interhouse only mediates on the tenancy agreement, you need to notify us yourself of the termination of the tenancy/buying agreement.
- (Points of contact of) landlords: data are retained for up to one year after termination of the agreement to mediation or up to one year after termination of the tenancy agreement. If Interhouse only mediates on the tenancy agreement, you need to notify us yourself of the termination of the tenancy agreement.
Interhouse does not deliberately collect personal data on minors, unless express permission has been granted to do so by parents or guardians. Our website is aimed at mediating on rental residential properties. As these services are only available to those who are legally competent, no age checks are conducted on those visiting the website for the purposes of obtaining information.
Cookies or similar technology
Cookies are also placed by third parties via this website. These may be advertisers and/or social media companies.
Please find a summary below:
In order to enhance the effectiveness of our online marketing efforts, we employ a technique known as ‘call tracking’. By utilizing distinct phone numbers, we can analyze the correlation between online advertising and telephonic communication with Interhouse. Some of the phone numbers we display include: 0252 291 00 3, 036 208 14 84, 033 213 32 93, 020 290 50 83, 076 880 44 59, 070 207 94 23, 040 820 16 15, 023 209 12 48, 035 211 12 19, 023 209 12 49, 010 499 48 62, and 030 309 00 46. For further information, please refer to AdCalls’ website.
Interhouse protects the privacy of its customers and points of contact by:
- securing the systems in which data are stored;
- only storing special or sensitive personal data in specially-developed safe applications;
- where possible securing all local equipment via access codes, passwords and/or encryption;
- instructing all employees fully and repeatedly on rules and regulations governing your privacy.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. You may also object to the use of your data. You have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA).
Interhouse contact details
Address: Ruishornlaan 19, 2162 VW Lisse